Friday, September 15, 2017

Day 2,193

The 30th


I rung in Year 30 with two surprise treats delivered to our Philly hotel room while spending the whole day packing it up and getting three tiny gremlins and their gremlin mom ready. Amelia smushed the cupcake my Mama sent me (she knows my expectation of cake on birthdays! Love you!) and I ate the "Happy Birthday" paper on the giant cookie, which I mistook for frosting. We didn't leave the room until 5:45PM, but I managed to snag an iced coffee before boarding the bus en route to the series finale against the Phillies. Day made. All in all, though we were impossibly busy, I enjoyed the sporadic celebrations as they came and am thankful for the hectic moments because of why they exist. We're safe from Irma and all together. I couldn't ask for more. 


The Marlins have offered a family bus to every game while we've been on the road. The kids may have found their newest and most favorite way to travel. They also now have more reason and better understand of the song "The Wheels on the Bus," and sang it the whole way. 


On my 30th, I checked another stadium off the list. Citizen's Bank Park, hello. 


And they checked another state on the map. It's wild, but I do love traveling with them. My three miniature best friends and I wouldn't choose anyone else to do this with. 


Best gift of all: Dada!! We got to ride the bus with him all the way to the aw-pwan and flew through the sky into the wee hours of the night all together. Favorite part: ALL TOGETHER. 


Second favorite part: the 45 minutes Daddy and Mommy got to enjoy all alone while the kiddies snoozed. We were given two rows this trip and it sure makes things easier come sleep time!! We landed in Milwaukee around 1 AM and finally hit the pillows around 2:30AM. 

Thank you to all those who wished me a happy birthday yesterday. I'm truly grateful for your kind words and sweet encouragement. I'm more busy than ever, so I apologize if I didn't reply yet on Facebook, but I haven't had any time! We were originally scheduled to fly back to Miami yesterday, but due to the lingering effects of Irma, the series against the Brewers was moved to Milwaukee. And rightfully so. Our roads aren't completely serviceable yet, our condo still doesn't have air conditioning, and the city of Miami needs all the resources available to them and not split between emergencies and a baseball game. So, we're on the road again until Sunday night, when we fly back into Miami. We're hoping to have power in our condo by then. Apparently, all is well at our HOME home, though our special Rainbow Tree was fallen by Irma, which we'll replant once we're home! Thankful we were protected as we were from Irma because not everyone can say the same thing.  

So grateful for such rich years behind me and for the ones that lay ahead of me. I'm looking forward with great expectation to what the Lord has for me this year. Much love, my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment