Friday, September 15, 2017

Day 2,192

The Spike Ball


Bye Dad. While you go to the baseball park, we'll go to the chestnut park. 







Ella Mae says, "Oooooh! Tell me more about this chestnut park!"


Well see, I think they're chestnuts anyways. They grow in these green spike balls and when you crack them open, a beautiful polished nut awaits! 

Yesterday's nostalgia was strong as I sat under the huge trees bearing this seed. When I was young, my siblings and I used to collect these by the wagon full from the trees across the street. We loved them. And occasionally, we'd throw them at each other. Kids, don't try this at home!


These babes were mesmerized by such a peculiar nut and spent the better part of the afternoon hunting them down and cracking them open. 


We didn't have a wagon, but they would've collected that many if we did. Instead, they had a coffee cup and we put as many treasures in there that would fit. Love exploring with these kiddies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment