Saturday, September 16, 2017

Day 2,194

The Sink Dwellers


She wants to be just like Mama. 


And I hope she is. At least regarding the things of life that have meaning. That does also include sitting in the sink to get ready. In robes. 


She says she wants to be like Mama too. Truth: she just WANTS Mama. Maybe one day I'll convince her that I'm good for more than just Milkies, cuddles, and butt wipes. For now though, I'll take it. Especially since she loves the sink life, just like her mom and sis. 


We spent much of the day in and around the hotel yesterday. We needed good rest and fresh air, and we got both. We also got a couple of hyper monkey-jumpers. Truth: I let them jump on beds any time they want...except when Ella Mae is on the same bed. It's only fair. 


I'm thankful for the continued efforts of the Marlins, who've done a fantastic job making us all feel as much at ease as possible these past 10 days. But truth: I'm ready to go home. Mama is tired. Babies are tired. And Ella Mae needs her own peaceful, quiet room so she stops taking 20 minutes to fall asleep while crushing my face with her gorilla grip. Thankfully, we have a flight back to Miami with the team following the conclusion of tomorrow's game!

No comments:

Post a Comment