Friday, August 11, 2017

Day 2,158

The Faith of Old


I slipped out of bed yesterday morning and got ready for my surprise road trip with Mrs. Tawnyia. This has been my view every morning for the past week and I must say, I quite enjoy it. 


We took Ella Mae and went for a visit to Mrs. Roberta, an almost 89-year-old member of our church and someone with a treasured, dear faith. Sitting with her in her sweet, hot pink bedroom while reading Psalms and singing hymns was one of the most encouraging and convicting moments of my life. To see a faith so pure, so confident, and so content was a beautiful testimony of the promises of Christ and an example of what it looks like to trust the Lord with even the very beat of our hearts. Couldn't have asked for a better start to my day. 


Then, it was back home and back to double-fisting bananas and dancing in our undies. Or rather, Bearett's undies. 


And finally, one of the cutest nap times I can remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment