Sunday, May 20, 2018

Day 2,249

The Early Bird Check Out


My 6:30 alarm came faster than I anticipated yesterday morning. I needed the extra time to pack the truck because the entire day before, a monsoon struck NOLA and finding a break in the downpour was impossible. I thought if I could get up and pack and get ready and clean without any kids awake, my efficiency would prove superb. Enter: Ella Mae. If you’ll notice, it’s 7AM in the photo above and there’s a tiny person in pink staring at me from the driver’s seat. You little gremlin. Up three and a half hours before your usual wake up time because...? Uhm. Remind me again? 


In any case, we left the house nearly spotless - minus completing the task of sweeping the floors - and made it to the airport by 9:45 without a single meltdown. We managed to snag a close-to-the-front row and the kids only briefly fought about who got the window seat. Waiting for us in Fort Lauderdale was Mrs. Tawnyia and Ms. Ashley and so all in all, considering the turnaround, our day of travel went quite smoothly and for that, we’re SO grateful!! 

The next *tentative* plan is to get an Airbnb in Miami from Wednesday to Sunday and then fly to Washington for ten days while Adam leaves on the road again. We shall see if that’s in fact, what happens!! For now, his role is in the bullpen and he’s yet to pitch in a game. We’re all doing great and thankful for the opportunity before us and for ALL the sanctification and growth that occurred in the process of getting here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment