Saturday, May 19, 2018

Day 2,248

The Rats Who Pack



True life: all I do is pack. 
Turns out, after all these years, I still suck at it. Bulging bags, heavy bags, and too many of them. However, I’ve yet to pay for an overweight or extra bag, so there’s my small victory. Plus, it’s not like packing is hard - just time consuming, and well, time I have! I packed up the entire Airbnb solo yesterday while the kids ran around behind me pulling everything apart. Naturally. Thankfully though, we had to keep the house so clean due to multiple scheduled real estate showings of it that it was actually easier to pack than normal. I still went to bed at 2, but for making the decision to pack up and leave at about 2PM that day, I consider my 2 AM bedtime last night yet another victory. 



Our supper from last night: not sure about it’s victory status. I was tempted to order a pizza, but with a fridge a quarter full of awkward leftovers and food I couldn’t stand to waste, we had a smorgasbord of oddities to fill our bellies - they ate it all, so maybe I win again. 



Amelia on the other hand did not win. 
Bug in bed: 9
Amelia: 0

I started packing Caladryl and bug bite homeopathy remedies with me whenever I go about a month ago and boy, am I glad I made that choice! She’s got the most tasty blood and such sensitivity to reactions that I needed to at least do something for her! I put some athletic tape on all the welts as well and hope it deters her from scratching. Here’s to hoping!

Florida, we’re coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment