Saturday, October 1, 2016

Day Eighteen Hundred and Forty-Five

The Farewell to Apartment #10


Upside down sleep.
Because sleeping like a regular human being is just too difficult a concept for a 19 month old. 


Continuing on in our exhaustion, we woke up early yesterday and packed the contents of our Miami condo into our big truck. Thankfully, everything fit, nothing fell out, and there was even that light breeze I had hoped for to cool me off while I made four trips down 23 floors with a toddler who couldn't do much but make a mess of everything I was trying to clean. I even left one minute earlier than my 4 o'clock goal! And then spent the next 3 hours in Friday rush hour traffic, when it generally takes about an hour and forty minutes to get from Miami to home. But that's baseball life for ya. And though I'm more tired than I can remember, I'm grateful for the way my heart left the Party City. And also grateful that we never will live in downtown Miami ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment