Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Sixty-Four

The Tired Mistake-Makers


In any other circumstance, Adam might be happy to sign 2,800 cards of his face. Not today. Gosh, we made a terrible mistake. Last night, we went to bed very late. And Adam woke up pretty sick. He ate spaghettio's at 3 AM, after a Chipotle dinner, Coke, and some Jack. His tummy did not feel so good. Bad start. And things just got worse from there. He was scheduled to sign "some" cards for Topps at noon, no big deal. The guy, however, forgot to mention that once Adam started signing the cards, he couldn't stop. Originally, we thought he'd be able to sign them here and there, at his own pace. Not so. They have to be done by tomorrow morning at 8 AM. Adam began signing at 1 o'clock this afternoon and had to be at the field at 2:30. Ha! 2,800 cards in an hour and a half? I don't think so. Surely impossible. 


This is Adam's 1/1. I wanted to steal it. At least I got to touch it! Haha ;)


For the last home game, I made Oreo-covered white chocolate baseballs. The boys ate them all!


Raptor got an oil change...because I have to drive to Lakeland tomorrow and we were 1,000 miles over the limit. Oops.


I thought tonight's game would be nice to us. This rainbow outside the stadium gave me hope. 


That hope was shattered when, at the top of the FIFTEENTH INNING, my stomach couldn't take it anymore. I hadn't eaten in 8 hours and I was starving. So, I ran home, grabbed some snacks, and made it back to the field...still the top of the 15th. Two outs. That, my friends, is what we call impressive. :)


The FIVE HOUR GAME ended in the fifteenth inning. We lost. The worst part: Adam still had all those cards to sign...and the bus was leaving for Lakeland at 12:15 AM. So, he has to stay here tonight, finish the cards, and drive with me to Lakeland tomorrow morning. He's still signing right now. It's 2:01 AM and my poor boy is dog tired. So am I. Gosh, we really made a bad decision. We should have waited for the end of the season to complete the cards. Dang. If only we could do our day over again. Uh. Long night ahead.

Oh, and the Hammerhead loss...yeah...because we lost, Adam is now scheduled to pitch on Monday. Game Four. September 10th. Our anniversary. How poetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment