Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Sixty-Five

The End of Year One


I guess I never gave much thought about what the 365th day of our marriage would look like. If I were to imagine it, though, I wouldn't be sick, sleep deprived, or overwhelmed. That just wouldn't be a good set up for the anniversary. Well, as much as I imagined it differently, I am, in fact, sick, sleep deprived, and feeling overwhelmed. That "bad decision" we made yesterday trickled into a very early morning. Our 3 AM bed time only gave us 4 hours of sleep, as we had to wake up at 7 AM to finish 4 more boxes of Topps cards. They were due at 8 and we had a lot to complete. Adam signed 2,700 cards. His poor hand! Ah! In assembly line fashion, I handed him the cards, he autographed them, and I put them back into the box. It was a mundane process, definitely not something either of us will miss doing, but certainly a privilege that we're grateful for. Next time, we'll just ask for a few days to complete the stacks! The man came and collected the 9 boxes of baseball cards at 10:30 AM (two and a half hours later than scheduled) and I'm sad that I may never see any of those neat things ever again! Good thing, though, I can get a personalized autograph from my handsome man whenever I want! ;) 


Immediately after the Topps man came and collected his treasures, Adam and I headed for Lakeland...TOGETHER!! The bus left last night, and because of the card deadline, Adam had to stay in Jupiter to finish them. And I'm selfishly thankful that it worked out as it did. Because riding with my man is the best way to travel. Especially when he sings. Oh, I love when he sings.


The millisecond Adam left for the field, our hotel room turned into this. Kendall Projects everywhere. I've been working for quite some time now...trying my hardest to put together the best anniversary gift I can muster for Adam and our one year. Traditionally, paper is to be given on the 1st anniversary, and of course, I stuck closely to the parameter. But it definitely took a little creativity and a lot of Pinterest to make it happen. I am SO EXCITED for the reveal and can't wait to see his face (hopefully) light up! 


This is what our hotel room currently looks like. It's hard planning an anniversary surprise on the road, but I'm doing my very best and enjoying the process...even though I'm quite sick. I had to quickly clean the room after the game ended, while Adam waited in the bathroom for me to finish! I decided that the best place to hide all of my creative energy was on the opposite side of the other bed...and with a few stern words, Adam can't see anything! 

And because of the crazy schedule...Adam and I decided tonight that we're not going to celebrate our anniversary in it's fullness, until the 11th. Booo. Here's why: Adam pitches tomorrow for the Championship! On our anniversary! You couldn't have written a better story! The Hammerheads won tonight, and are now leading the series 2-1. One more win...AND WE'RE THE FSL CHAMPIONS! With all the excitement and impossibility of a romantic day/night, Adam really wanted to wait. He wants to make sure everything's perfect, that we're not staying in the dirtiest hotel in the whole league, and that we have time to enjoy each other. I agreed. But I'm still celebrating tomorrow, no matter what! I've got a few things planned for him, and by gollie, we BETTER win!

THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DAYS...GONE.
They've been the best of my life.
He's the best of my life.
And I'm so glad I recorded every moment of it.

Question is...
Will she record the next 365 days?
I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Conleys! Lets hope we are all celebrating this evening after Adam pitches for the last time this year!

    ReplyDelete