Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Day 2,388

The Quad Squad


Back on the Quad for the first time in a couple years and it brought with it some nostalgia and truthfully some bitterness. The latter of which I recognized immediately and had to preach continually to myself basically the whole book of Philippians. Ha! Not a bad way to sit at a baseball game, friends. Joy, always. Unending joy that cannot be shaken. Joy that comes only from my security in Christ. That’s the kind of joy I desire to live in and this appointed date with AAA is the perfect setting in which I can practice from. Please pray that I’m faithful in my pursuits! 


Adam went into yesterday with the goal of becoming more acquainted with this new slider of his. He told the catcher that regardless of situation, he wanted to throw his slider on every 0-2 and 1-2 count. And he did. Every single one. He said he probably threw about 30 sliders yesterday in five innings. A far cry from the average 6 that he normally throws per game. It’s a completely different pitch than he’s thrown for the last uh, probably 10 years, but he’s incredibly encouraged because this slider actually breaks down and right, whereas it used to break similar to his changeup - down and left. Insane how much he learned this offseason! If he can get a good “feel” for this new pitch of his, and if his fastball continues to progress, he likes his chances. 


The kids quite enjoyed Dad’s “park” game, though upon entering the Quad, a hitter swang AND RELEASED his bat, which flew and landed three feet in front of the four of us. Had we walked any slower, one of us would’ve gotten smoked by a 15 MPH flying wooden bat. Noted! They ran around the field, played in the dirt, skipped their naps, climbed trees, peed on trees, and made new friends. And then after, they got to go see Uncle Lucas. All in all, I’d say yesterday was far sweeter than bitter and as I reflect on it, I’m thankful for the test set before me, as I pray it increases my dependence and joy in Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment