Thursday, March 15, 2018

Day 2,383

The Uncontained Excitement 


We woke up with smiles and lots of excited energy. Dad pitched yesterday and they couldn’t wait to go to the baseball field. The long hours of having to maintain patience until we departed at 1:30 caused ALL of my babes to forsake their naps - any mother’s daily version of a nightmare. 


However, to my surprise, the babes were sweet and funny and filled with even more energy as the day carried on, and for that, I was grateful! 


I was also grateful to the people sitting next to me who managed to intrigue my kids into a quiet distraction at the thrill of cracking open and eating peanuts! Oh the simple joys of life! Their few moments of calm allowed me toco to us enjoying watching Adam work on his craft - something he’s beginning to really find success in once again! He’s not quite turned the corner completely, but he’s incredibly close. He threw two innings in the game followed by three simulated innings in the pen. He was 92-94 and finally hit 95 after not seeing that number for over a year. He’s encouraged and excited and expecting the results to begin showing themselves more fully. 

He finally gets to start a game (he’s been piggybacking off another starter all Spring) against the Nationals on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment