Friday, February 23, 2018

Day 2,363

The Dental Disaster


He was my only saving grace yesterday at the dentist. The epitome of the perfect patient. Mama is SO proud of you, Bubba!! Your teeth are pearly white and your first visit couldn’t have gone any better!


You had no such visit, however, your screams of impatience were NOT helpful and your fit when Miss Alyssa tried to pick you up was outrageous. And so, not only was I holding a panicked and hyperventilating two year old, I was holding a squirming and crying ten month old who only stopped crying in my arms. 


Gremlins I tell ya. Gremlins. Amelia, terrified like I’ve never seen her, screamed and cried and gasped and wailed at every attempt at opening her mouth. I was shocked though half expected an extreme reaction against the Dentist. She’s not outgoing when it comes to any sort of medical procedure, and well, I can’t blame her for that. We eventually got her to at least open her mouth so he could briefly check her fangs. She even let him convince her to let him brush her teeth in the end. What a nightmare! 


Thankfully, Daddy got to come home early and life was back to normal. If this is what you call normal. Sasquatch lizard blow gun hunting. 


Totally normal. Just giving sermons to her sister from the driveway. 


My beautiful and sometimes crazy life. What a gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment