Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Day 2,190

The


So, all my blog posts are numbered. Yesterday, my post was Day 2,189. That's in reference to the number of days we've been married. Six years. Six. I started this blog on the day after our wedding and, well, I never stopped. Every single day has been accounted for on these pages. And though I often find myself wondering when these posts might discontinue, I'm thankful that I never stopped. Because the treasures in these memories are many. And many of them forgotten without these words. I look back fondly on our years together and am in awe at where the Lord's brought us in such a short but rich amount of time. To think this photo would be the first photo of our sixth year together brings a smile to my face. Our lives are so full. And our hearts. Oh, they're even fuller. 


We were blessed with an offday yesterday. Finally. And it came at the perfect time. We spent the whole day together. We didn't really celebrate in the way an anniversary might usually be celebrated, but let's face it, nothing we do is defined by "normal" these days. We shopped and ate and laughed and learned. Bearett and Dada went shopping at the military surplus store and somebody walked out with a whole new camouflage backpack filled with hunting supplies. Just like Dad had when he was a kid. Bearett could hardly tame his excitement. 


Before naptime, the Phillies sent some Sesame Street characters to the hotel as a gift to our displaced Marlins babes. The generous gesture was an unexpected kindness that Bearett and the other kids thoroughly enjoyed. Amelia, not so much. She may or may not have cried the entire time. Apparently she doesn't reserve her hatred of oversized animals to only Billy. At least she's consistent. 


Thanks Phillies!!! 


My heart in a picture. I love you, Adam. Thank you for leading us so well. 


They're crazy about you. 


And Dada, so am I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment