Saturday, August 19, 2017

Day 2,166

The Rough Start Didn't Stay that Way


When the whole house is sleeping and your two year old decides to wake Mama up too early, an entire pot of red raspberry leaf tea in her new tea set from Nana is the remedy to at least preserve the quiet. 


Yesterday was off to a rough start. I was hoping this would be the climax. 


Turns out, spilled coffee was in fact, NOT the climax. The snake in the pool was a sure runner up, but neither came close to the clogged toilet we endured that had poop coming out of the sink. Guys. Where's my white flag? 


Nevermind! Found it!


Once the dust settled (maybe poop water is more accurate) we enjoyed a monumental day in the pool. 


Ooooooh baby. Our pool time was as perfect as this little face. Bearett floated, touched the bottom, climbed the walls, AND started to learn how to swim. 


Amelia literally swam laps BY HERSELF the width of the pool. 


"Mom! Watch this! I love to swim!!" And splash! She jumped in and swam to the other side. Again. And again. And again. I couldn't believe my eyes. My two year old can swim better than me. So many fears lessened yesterday. I'm almost confident that if she were to suddenly fall in alone with nobody around, she'd know what to do. That's my hope at least. I pray we don't ever have to find out, but that IS the reason she got the lessons in the first place. So proud of my little Fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment