Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Sixty-Seven

The Final Start of 2012


There I am, going at it again after a rain delay yesterday. Today was my last possible start of my first full season, and I was hoping it would be the last game of the season. As many of you know we are playing for the Florida State League Championship. Before my start tonight we were leading the series 2-1, in a best of 5 series. I threw well until the 5th inning when I ran into some command issues with my change-up, and some bad luck. the inning led off with a hit by pitch, then a walk, then a ground ball that rolled 15 ft, just out of the reach of me and my third baseman. The infield single left me in a jam, bases loaded, nobody out. I got pulled from the game and although we played well, didn't play well enough to hold off the Flying Tigers. they tied the series at 2-2 tonight. 

Another common theme I am finding with this team, is not only that they win, but that they don't do anything the easy way. We found that out again as I am not surprised this series is going to game 5. Baseball play-offs have many ups and downs, they are a part of a long season, and the other team wants to win just like we do. Our manager always says "don't expect the game to be easy, the other guys get payed too." haha there is a lot of truth to that statement. I love my job. What a great experience for Kendall and I! Let's go win a championship tomorrow! 



Today is September 11th, and when I was in 6th grade math class with Mrs. Rathbone (she was exactly how her name makes her sound) I didn't exactly understand just how terrible 9/11 was. Today there was a moment of silence before the National Anthem, I spent that time thinking about the innocent people who died, and the world we live in. I spent that time thinking about my brother, who recently was deployed to Afghanistan. I have learned as I have gotten older the importance of our armed forces,  and what this country stands for. I heard an awesome thought on a Christian Radio station this afternoon, it asked "what if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?." So I spent the rest of the national anthem reflecting on how thankful I am for my God, my wife, my family, and my job. 

1 comment:

  1. Well stated Adam! I am so very proud of you! Your faith is impecable and you treat my daughter as she is the church and you are christ! Thank you so much for taking all of us on this journey! You guys are awesome and as always God bkess!

    ReplyDelete