Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day One Hundred and Thirty-Eight

The Book.Worm


A Page-Turner? Who, Adam? You bet! Since meeting my sweetheart, he's never been much of an avid reader. I'd dare to even say that during the short time I knew him in school, I never saw him open a textbook. Ok, maybe once. Still, he's never much liked reading, except when the content of the pages are filled with baseball insight. It's then that he might give it a second glance. Well, I'm happy to say that he's made some progress in turning his once-dislike into a permanent interest, and on days when the sun is shining and the lizards are creeping, Adam enjoys his time getting acquainted with a story other than his own. This may sound corny, but I'm really proud of Adam. I've enjoyed watching his transformation as a man, and it stirs my heart when he takes the initiative to be different than he was. 

And just a small touch of more bad news. Tonight, we became aware of various online transactions made on our debit card, unbeknownst to either of us. Yep. A bit of debit card fraud to top off our day. Lovely. Since this has never happened to us, a slight panic began to boil, and I might have had to apologize to a customer representative that I got too irritated with. I really did say sorry. I felt bad. I think that sort of job would be a tough one to have. It was a sharp reminder that I need continual work on my lack of patience. It wasn't her fault that our debit card was recently used to support someone's "gaming" habit. In a few days, our money has purchased this person two sets of "Razer Headsets," which are used to play video games. From two different stores. At around $160 a piece, I hope these things were worth their weight in stolen funds. Tomorrow we'll be making our way to the police station to file a claim. As of now, the card has been cancelled and the funds should be returned by Monday. After hearing that the thief bought two of the same item, and that they both are used for gaming activity, Adam and I couldn't help but laugh.

1 comment:

  1. wierrrrd, I was going to recommend this book to you guys. I've got three copies in my room haha

    ReplyDelete