Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day Seven Hundred and Two

The Mace River Run


Yesterday was my most favorite workout day since moving to Jax. Because this was my view. WOW! Stunning, right?!


I ran along the river, across the  bridge, around the fountain, and began my Crossfit workout here. On that bench. 5 rounds of 15 box jumps (more like BENCH jumps), 10 push-ups, 20 lunges, 20 jump squats, and 20 bench dips. 


I was a sweaty mess when I finished. And REALLY tired. But I still had another mile and a half to run back home. So, like the smart, precautionary woman that I am, I brought along my best friend and most fierce competitor (besides a gun): my mace. Don't mess with THIS workout girl, Jax! Cuz I mean business!

(Apparently, Jacksonville is home to some of the worst homicide rates in the country...a GUN is what you need here, but since that's a little far fetched to run with, I chose my pepper spray for backup!)

No comments:

Post a Comment