Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day Eight Hundred and Forty-Five

The Bahamian Cruise: Day 1


On our second anniversary, Adam surprised me with a trip to the Bahamas. He bought me a bathing suit and wrapped it aside a hand-drawn sketch of a cruise ship and the words, "Will you be my Bahama Mama?" stretched across the top. I was shocked and SO EXCITED! But because of our offseason schedule, we couldn't take our trip immediately. Fast forward four months, and it's finally cruising time!!


And WE'RE OFF!


Having never have been on a cruise before, we had no idea what to expect. Not even in the slightest. So, we were pleasantly surprised when we walked in and our first sight was this. Located in the very center of the ship, this immaculate 6-story area was where they kicked off our vacation with a dancing party! 
__________________

And for a little tour of Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas:


Overlooking the top of the ship.


One of our favorite bar areas.


On cruises, you can order as many desserts as you want. For free. Oh yeah baby.


The Fair Lady Dining Room, where we ate every night for dinner and every morning for breakfast.


Conley Quarters. 

Since we didn't know what to expect, Adam and I went the cheap route for our first cruise. We stayed in an interior cabin (in the middle of the ship without any windows) on the second floor. It was cozy. Very cozy. But so much fun. Next time though, there WILL be a window at least. I didn't know until yesterday that I had motion sickness…as well as Titanic-Fear-Sickness. I didn't sleep a wink that night.


We cruised to the Bahamas the whole night and didn't arrive until noon the next morning. Adam and I spent our time watching shows, playing cards, talking, giggling, and for me…drinking my Bahama Mama!

So far…WE LOVE CRUISING!

No comments:

Post a Comment