Thursday, December 26, 2013

Day Eight Hundred and Thirty-Six

"The Weary World Rejoices!"


Jesus: Bringer of:
Salvation through Grace
Fellowship with the Father
Love that matters
Joy that abounds
And forever, my Greatest Gift.

It was a very Merry Christmas 2013.
And yesterday, we started it off in Conley tradition: reading the story of our Savior's birth in Luke 2 over coffee and cuddles.


And then, it was Christmas time (Skype-style) with our family in Washington! A whole 3-hours worth of excitement, giggles, thank yous, and oh my goshs. I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. Well, except maybe actually there with them. But let's not make me cry again. Safe to say that yesterday, I was especially thankful for the Internet's greatest invention ever: Skype. 


Finally around 2:30, Adam and I got out of our jammies and into our Christmas clothes. Armed with the baddest (which in this case actually means best) candy in all the world (made by yours truly), we headed out. And yes, I snuck about 12 pieces of my most delicious Almond Roca - in case you were wondering - on our way there...


There being here.
Seriously, guys?! Oh my BEAUTIFUL!
Not wanting us to be alone on Christmas, we were invited over to yet another friends' home for dinner. Our "blessed" meter (if there were such thing) has been officially maxed out this week. Wow. Really, wow. I can't begin to explain how grateful we are for the incredible people who've poured into our lives since moving here two years ago.  


God is just so good.
And so was the food ;)


And the White Elephant game was good too.


But being together - with family - just hanging out, laughing, playing games, and talking Jesus…that was the best part of our night. 

We enjoyed such a beautiful day yesterday. And our hope is that your Christmas was just as lovely as ours. Love you, friends! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment