Saturday, November 30, 2013

Day Eight Hundred and Ten

The Field of Dreams


Put your glasses on. Maybe even squint your eyes a bit. Now look as far into the photo as you can. See that little green dot? It's at the base of the tree in the very center of the image, if you're having a hard time…like I did. Any guesses at what that might be? No? I'll tell ya: it's Adam's target. He finally found a place to bow shoot outside (for practice)! My hunter's been having the toughest luck finding an open field down here that isn't private property - or public, for that matter - to sight his bow. Apparently, a bow and arrow is considered a firearm (news to me) here, so he can't just practice at any old place. But his luck changed yesterday when he called up one of our friends from church…a friend who happens to own a nice big 5 acre lot not far from our home. And while I was out getting my hair fried off at the salon (like literally, chunks of hair falling out of my head…I was mortified and fearing baldness) Adam was in target practice heaven. With acres and acres of potential practice land. Lucky duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment