Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day Seven Hundred and Seventy-Six

The House Full of Babies


We've been around so many babies recently, and if there's one truth we've discovered, it's this: babies love Adam's face. Hey, I don't blame 'em :) I do too! Meet Trace. Our newest, cute little friend. He was born almost immediately after we left Jupiter for Jacksonville in April - a month before Bearett - and my gosh have we missed this handsome man that we'd never even met!


Trace's mommy and daddy (Jordan and Nate) hosted a fall birthday party for Nate's sister, Kelsey - all of which attend Family Church - and so we celebrated accordingly with (these) pumpkin cakes (that Jordan and Kelsey made from scratch!), pumpkin cool whip dip, pumpkin pie cupcakes, hershey and Nutter Butter acorns, leaf sugar cookies...and a chicken dinner too! Oh my yumm! It was a fun and festive night with a bunch of sweet young families...most with babies...which got me to thinking...

Ok, no it didn't ;)

What I learned:
Doctors sometimes use a plunger to pull the baby's head out of the birthing canal. Uhm? What? Yeah, that's what you'll learn from a group of new, fun moms :) For some reason, I'm even less excited for pregnancy now..

1 comment:

  1. OK, the part about the plunger made me laugh out loud. I was in labor with Sawyer for about 28 hours. I pushed for 2+, and the doctor was nearly ready to send me for a C-section, which I adamantly didn't want. So he used the vacuum (plunger), which they'd shown us in our birthing class. It has like a handle, and the doctor just about fell backward off his stool trying to pull that stubborn Sawyer out. And Sawyer had a major conehead for the first few hours because of it! Possibly too much information, but I had to share. :)

    ReplyDelete