Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day Seven Hundred and Seventy-One

The Delete Button


For the past 4 months, I've been using Adam's Macbook to store my photos on and write my blog. That's because I have so many thousands of photos on my computer, that I can no longer add anymore. Something like 15,000 pictures - just on my computer - but who's keeping track, really? Well, I am actually. Because my computer is basically useless without the upload feature. Not to mention the fact that it's slower than a sloth in the mud. So yesterday, I did what I've been meaning to do for the past 6 months and went through two years of daily photos, deleting the many I didn't need. That number ended up being 4,200. 4,200?!! Ah! The fact that I would even have that many photos even at all is absurd. But to have that many just to delete? Ok. I may have a trigger happy finger after all. In total, I must have around 20,000 images, and to have deleted a quarter of those in one afternoon is a feat that I'm quite thrilled - and relieved - to have accomplished. Up next: figuring out how to use the external hard drive. Oh what fun! Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment