Monday, September 9, 2013

Day Seven Hundred and Twenty-Eight

The First Gift of 26


.September 14th came early yesterday.
Happy 26th birthday to me

Ok, so I'm not overly happy about this upcoming birthday. For some reason, 25 just seems so...youthful...vibrant...young. Now, I'm staring 30 right in the face without any kids to speak for. Sigh. I just started using wrinkle cream this past month...and skin firming lotion too, just to be sure. My body aches like it shouldn't and my immune system is already tapping out. Old age...it's coming for me! HAHAHAHAHA
I'm kidding.
Well, except for...most of it. I really am using wrinkle cream. And my body really does ache like it shouldn't (possibly from my previous collegiate athletics days? Yeah, I'll stick with that). Oh, and I don't have any kids yet. Probably should talk to Adam about that. Hahaha ;)

In any case, the 14th - and year 26 - is coming for me.
And Nina treated me to an AMAZINGLY THOUGHTFUL birthday present yesterday, just a few days early!! The bottle of wine - our favorite - is one we drank together the night she slumbered over. The bracelet - made out of baseball leather - has the most beautiful cross charm stitched onto it. And the wine glass...need I comment?!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, GIRAFFE!! Hahaha it's so perfect. Nina is one in a million. I am so grateful for her friendship and heart. Thank you for this most perfect gift, Nina. It makes me smile every time I see or think of it! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment