Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day Six Hundred and Ninety-Two

The Twentieth Start


Twenty. TWO-ZERO. 20.
Like, whoa. Where did the season go?
It's August, and though we've been doing this for four months already, my nerves still haven't settled. Every time he pitches, a mix of paranoia and anxiety pulse through my veins. It's not ideal. But since I still haven't found a remedy, I've come to accept my partial psychosis every fifth day. Cool. Thanks a lot Adam ;) 


This didn't help.
YES: those are fireworks.
YES: that is the middle of an inning.
YES: I was a mad wife.
The Jacksonville Jaguars held their first scrimmage last night in EverBank Stadium, located directly behind the right field wall of our stadium...and directly in front of Adam's line of sight as he wound up for his delivery. He handled the fiasco well. But still. REALLY? Not ok. I repeat: NOT OK! Any other time, I'm a total sucker for fireworks. But during his wind up? I don't think so.


It was Jimmy Buffet Day at the field last night, and in celebration, the Suns wore special beach jerseys. The jerseys were auctioned off, and Barb - Adam's booster - won it right off his back. He then signed it for her and took some photos. She's a dearly sweet lady, who always sends Adam off on road trips with a bag full of goodies. We're so thankful for her kindness! 

Adam won his FOURTH straight game last night! (Wahoo!) He's gone 28 consecutive innings without giving up an earned run (a Suns' record) and our team has also won NINE straight in a row now!! We're on a roll...and this crazy wife is loving every second of it!!
His line:
6IP, 5H, 2R, 0ER, 3BB, 5K
He's 11-4 now with a 3.02 ERA

No comments:

Post a Comment