Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day Seven Hundred and Thirteen

The RiverWalk


Ohhhh...so this is what 8 AM looks like.
I had no idea...


Nina met me outside the Conley Condo for a walk along the St. John's River.
It was peaceful and warm and everything I could've hoped to wake up to. At the end of our little walk, just across the Main Street Bridge, is the Friendship Fountain. A very fitting - and stunning - place for Nina and I to sit and talk.


We sat on a bench, drank our coffee, and talked marriage and God. She's getting married in 3 months, and with so many of my friends tying the knot this year, conversation was easy. It always is. I've learned and grown so much through our friendship this year, and I can't say enough how thankful I am to have such a strong sister in Christ here in Jacksonville.


The views were impeccable. And definitely worth the early morning alarm. This city is beautiful, I just don't often take the time to appreciate it. 


Inhale. Now Exhale. I get excited every time I look at this picture.
(Truth: I'm a closet fat kid at heart)
So there's a restaurant here called Metro Diner. It was featured on Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives." Naturally, being the native Jacksonvillian that she is, Nina lured me into this caloric paradise. It was her duty! She had to. And I was in heaven. Very rarely do I stray far from my "clean eating" lifestyle. My body can't handle it. But sometimes, you just need a strawberry cheesecake-filled waffle. Or two. Or four. And yesterday, that's exactly what I needed. We talked some more and ate our fill...and left each other with satisfied bellies and even more satisfied hearts. If all mornings were like this one, I might just become a morning person. But probably not. Haha.


Then, it was off to the Riverside Market for me. I needed to find a special gift...and thought this was the place to find it. What I did find instead: HUGE smiles on my face. Bike Valet? Is this Olympia, WA?! I felt right at home!


Larpers and fencers?! I couldn't stop laughing. 


Then this sign.
Oh my gosh, YES!
Hahaha


And when I walked back to the truck, I couldn't help but smile at the little birdies playing hangout by the Raptor. Day: made.


Jacksonville, you were good to me yesterday. 
I thank you.


And then, a nightcap Skype session with my besties.
It was the perfect ending to a beautiful day.
I went to bed feeling content in my heart and thankful for the many blessings the Lord has piled up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment