Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day Seven Hundred and Eighty-Three

The November Volleyballers
(Don't judge me for that last word)


My mom posted on Facebook today with this shocker, "It's snowing." As I shivered a shiver for her and all of my family up in Washington, I wrote back, "It's sunny and 82 here." And thank heavens it is.  Because I couldn't fathom spending today - or yesterday especially - in anything other than the warmth of the South Florida sun. Could you imagine barefoot beach volleyball in the snow?! I didn't think so! 

I try my best - every chance I get - to convince my Mama that Southeastern living is something to be desired:

 Summer in the winter. 
Beach volleyball on Saturdays. 
Turquoise ocean views. 
Bronze glowing skin.
 Baseball all year long.

 (I always leave out the facts of extreme humidity, destructive hurricanes, and lack of fall colors. She doesn't need to know that stuff)

 Ahhhh. I just love it here, so she should too! But that woman, she loves the snow, and getting her to move from the nicest, fluffiest, softest powder in America to someplace that's never seen it...forget it. I can't tempt her away from the snow with anything! Maybe a baby? I haven't tried that yet...hmmmm...someday I'll put that temptation to use. Until then, I'll just keep it nice and warm here for her when she's ready for a winter hiatus. Then, I'll reel her in. 

What I learned:
If you want to see a Conley fight, just put Adam and I on the same volleyball team.

No comments:

Post a Comment