Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day Seven Hundred and Sixty-Four

The Time I (Probably) Ate a Bug (or Two)


Adam started official offseason workouts yesterday.
This is proof that reintroduction to weights and early morning alarms is detrimental to your afternoons. Adam never naps. Not ever. They're bad for our marriage. He wakes up in just the most foul of moods and can't shake it till the next day. So, unless he's really extraordinarily tired, he fights the urge to nap. But yesterday, he fell prey to his exhaustion...and to the extreme comfort of our giant bean bag. I can't fault him. I was just as tired. But in order to fight the dreaded Adam-After-Nap-Monster, a trip to Olive Garden (Adam's favorite) for dinner was scheduled. Well, turns out, that the closest Olive Garden (17 miles away) actually doesn't exist anymore. We found that out once we arrived at the destination and nothing was there. Cool. The next closest Olive Garden was another 8 miles South of that, making our total drive time 30 minutes. On a hungry stomach, that's a lot. But not the worst. The worst was when I pulled a nasty, ugly, big ol, long-legged bug out of ma salad. Then worse than that, Adam had to console me when I started crying, completely convinced that I'd probably eaten four bugs by then (he later told me I'd make a bad Fear Factor contestant...he's right). Still worse though, I was so grossed out - and really upset - that the manager comped us our meal immediately...but we hadn't even ordered dessert yet, so I didn't even get any pumpkin cheesecake! Noooooooooo!!! 

And obviously, I was too nauseated at the time to even think about whipping out my camera and snapping a few shots of my salad-dweller...so just imagine a dark black, peanut-sized, creepy-crawler type thing, with silvery markings on it's back, and slightly resembling Adam in the photo above - all balled up and rigumortis-like. I know, disgusting. Safe to say that yesterday wasn't our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment